Uber has taken another step forward in ensuring the safety of its riders with the introduction of its Incident Response Team (IRT) call-back line for safety-related matters.
The new feature has been in testing since December 2017 and will provide riders with 24/7 access to Uber’s global incident response team.
Riders can now submit a ticket for critical safety incidents or accidents through the app and receive a call back in minutes.
“We have listened to the hundreds of thousands of riders using the Uber app in South Africa, and they’ve expressed the need to be able to speak with our teams in the event of a critical safety-related issue. With the introduction of the IRT call-back line, we are able to help riders speak with our dedicated IRT within minutes,” says General Manager for Uber Sub-Saharan Africa, Alon Lits.
How to access the IRT call back line:
- Open the menu of the Uber app, and click ‘Help’
- Click ‘Trip and fare review’
- Select the trip in question
- Select ‘I had a safety-related issue’
- Submit a ticket through the node, including a contact number and short description of the event
- The rider will then receive a call-back within a couple minutes
For more information about transfers for your next corporate travel, contact your Corporate Traveller expert.