- CORPORATE TRAVELLER (AGENT) AND ITS SUPPLIERS
Corporate Traveller is the corporate arm of Flight Centre (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd with the registration number 1994/000253/07. Corporate Traveller, the travel agency acts as an agent for third party providers, being, but not limited to, all airlines, tour operators, providers of accommodation or any other services, hotels, car rental companies, insurers or adventure experiences, Visa providers etc.
Travel products and services requested by You, our customer, is supplied by the third party provider. The provider is solely responsible for the supply of the products. Corporate Traveller provide all necessary documentation for our customers to execute the product or service.
The contract for the supply of products or services is between You and the provider. Each provider will have it’s own terms and conditions relating to the products purchased. Should You wish to view the provider’s Terms and Conditions, please contact Corporate Traveller to arrange a copy. Corporate Traveller undertakes to correctly process Your travel requests to Us at all times in line with Your travel policy, professionally and timeously. However an incorrect name on a booking may result in the inability to use that booking and the booking being cancelled. Any errors in names, dates and timings on your documentation will be your responsibility if not advised at time of booking. It is your responsibility to collect all travel documents from us prior to travel. Please contact your travel consultant to confirm when your travel documents will be ready.
- YOU, OUR VALUED CLIENT, ARE REQURED TO:
- appoint a point/s of contact who will co-ordinate and communicate travel requests with Corporate Traveller,
- provide to Corporate Traveller any information or documentation as is reasonably required to effectively facilitate the provision of the services and/or product.
- provide a copy of the Travel Policy, if applicable, to Corporate Traveller and notify Corporate Traveller in writing about any changes in the Policy.
- provide copies of any Supplier Agreements to Corporate Traveller where Corporate Traveller is required to administer the Agreement.
- provide Corporate Traveller with any information in respect of business activities (Industry sector or internally) which might impact the service provision.
- CHARGES AND PAYMENT
- Preferred payment types; Upfront payments, Electronic Funds Transfer or by Lodge card, depending on your financial relationship with Corporate Traveller.
- 30 day accounts : You are required to pay on the 7th of the month on all 30 day accounts, following receipt of invoices and the statement.
- The exception to the above is foreign exchange and/or travellers cheques, which must be paid within 48 hours of ordering them.
- Any and all additional costs charged by third party suppliers in the course of the provision of service to You shall be onsent to You. These charges include but are not limited to all bill backs. Billbacks include but are not limited to courier charges, additional car rental charges, traffic fines, hotel extras etc.
- If you choose to cancel your reservation, cancellation penalties apply, cancellation penalties may be as high as 100% of the booking, regardless of whether travel has commenced or not. Payment of the full invoice is required as it becomes due.
- Name and date changes
- Fees and extra charges will also apply when tickets or documents are re-issued due to date changes or name changes, where applicable and allowed by the third party providers. In some cases, depending on the rulings imposed by third party providers, bookings will incur full cancellation charges and will have to be re-issued. Any errors in names, dates and timings on your documentation will be your responsibility if not advised at the time of booking.
Quotations are subject to availability of the product or service. Quoted prices cannot be guaranteed due to currency fluctuations or demand for products/services on suppliers. Prices can only be confirmed on receipt of an order or payment in full for the product and on confirmation from the third party supplier. Bookings can be held for a limited period only pending authorisation or payment, please confirm details with your consultant.
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
- Data messages (as defined in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002) from You to Corporate Traveller are deemed to have been received by Corporate Traveller only when Corporate Traveller responds to the message, an auto-response is not deemed a response.
- FORCE MAJEURE
- Neither party shall be liable for any loss suffered by the other or be deemed to be in default for any delays or failures in performance if the delay or failure was due to any acts or causes beyond its reasonable control, or, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, from any Acts of God, acts or regulations or any governmental or local authority, war or national emergency, accident, fire, flood, tempest, riots, strikes, lock-outs, third party delay, labour troubles or failure or fluctuation of electric power.
- PASSPORTS - You must ensure that travellers have a valid passport, which is valid for at least six months beyond the end of your travelling period. If the traveller is a permanent South African resident travelling on a foreign passport, the traveller must ensure that he/she has all the correct documentation from Home Affairs. Corporate Traveller is not responsible or liable in whatsoever manner for any incorrect passport detail provided by You, which will result in the necessity of a name change, costs will apply.
- VISAS - It is Your responsibility and/or the traveller to enquire from our consultant whether a visa is required for the countries to be visited and to apply for such visas if necessary. Visa’s are supplied by third party suppliers.
- HEALTH - The traveller must ensure that he/she complies with the countries’ medical and vaccination requirements, which he/she plans to visit. Please see the www.dfa.gov.za/consular/travel_advice.htm website or visit your local travel clinic.
- FOREIGN CURRENCIES - The traveller must acquire his/her foreign currencies and/or travellers’ cheques prior to his/her trip. Corporate Traveller can assist in obtaining foreign currencies and/or travellers cheques. Foreign currency is supplied by a third party supplier.
- ITINERARIES - Itineraries are provided for convenience purposes only. It is the responsibility of the traveller to confirm the dates and times as well as the correctness of the name on the travel documents and/or tickets and to familiarise himself/herself with the travel plan.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE - Travel insurance is strongly recommended for overseas travel and adventure safaris. The majority of airlines and tour operators have extremely high cancellation fees/date change penalties. Travel insurance policies can be provided by Corporate Traveller through third party suppliers. Should you have any queries, it is advisable to contact the insurer directly, especially in the event of journey curtailment. Your Corporate Traveller consultant can provide you with copies of your policy and relevant clauses but cannot provide you with insurance advice.
- APPLICABLE LAW
- The law of South Africa and the jurisdiction of the South African courts apply to the relationship between Corporate Traveller and its clients.
- Corporate Traveller does not accept any liability of whatever nature, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, for the acts, omission or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control. Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased travel arrangements. We do not accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is beyond Corporate Traveller’s control and which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part.
Complete the below form and we will contact you to arrange a free, no obligation evaluation of your business travel.