Airline Failure Protection
The last thing any traveller wants to think about when preparing for a business trip is the likelihood of being stranded abroad when an airline goes bust. Corporate Traveller’s Airline Failure Protection (AFP) is one way to avert a crisis of this nature.
When travellers book a flight with Corporate Traveller they will be offered Airline Failure Protection at no additional cost. In short, this protection covers travellers if the airline they’re booked on ceases operations due to insolvency or bankruptcy.
Corporate Traveller will cover the cost of an alternative supplier for the leg of the journey affected by the airline failure. Or if passengers are yet to travel Corporate Traveller will provide either a full refund or find clients an alternative to the value of the initial ticket cost.
This initiative will be offered to all Corporate Traveller clients at no extra cost.
- Financial failure of scheduled IATA airlines that are registered in South Africa and booked through the Global Distribution System (GDS)
- Full refund of the airline ticket booked at the ticket purchase price
- Any sectors for any trip where payment has not been received in full for the booking
- Losses arising directly or indirectly for existing or publicly declared financial failure or collapse of an airline on or before the date the trip is booked
- Losses arising from tickets purchased subsequent to the airline registering Bankruptcy
- Chartered flights and low cost carriers
- Losses arising where indemnity has been signed
- Refund of professional service fee
Protection is only applicable in respect of the costs relating to scheduled air flights (excludes ALL pre-booked tours or land arrangements). Protection does not apply if a scheduled airline is taken over or forms part of a merger by another airline. Airline failure is defined as the insolvency of an airline or bankruptcy, not the cancellation of flights for any other reason, however, we will endeavour to assist you in finding alternatives with the airline concerned.
Submit airline tickets together with proof of payment to your Travel Manager. Alternatively, if you are abroad, contact us via the after-hours telephone number. Emails will not be deemed to be delivered unless a reply email from the Travel Manager is received by the Customer (automated responses do not apply).